Shaarei Shomayim Congregation is a modern orthodox centre of Jewish life which provides the means for the fulfillment of religious, educational and social needs and which seeks to inspire the community to greater commitments to Torah, the Jewish people and the State of Israel.
This mission can be fulfilled within an operating philosophy which includes the following components:
- Delivery of religious services shall be of the highest quality within our budgetary parameters;
- Shul staff members shall create a warm and welcoming atmosphere to promote all religious and educational services and programs;
- Ensuring a continuing professional work environment for the shul staff members;
- All contributions made by volunteers in the operation of the shul are greatly valued and shall be encouraged and recognized;
- Fundraising, dues collection and promotion of income-producing activities shall be carried out in an efficient manner to finance shul operations;
- Clergy conduct and priority shall be in accordance with the mission and philosophy;
- Inspiring and cultivating new and existing programs to encourage the religiosity goal as an objective of the congregants; and,
- Promotion of the shul and communication within our community through the use of outreach vehicles.